A. PHP check
FolderShare command line client requires PHP, check if your system already has PHP7.2.x+ installed
- Linux: Few Linux distributions ship with PHP, if not available see section B
- Mac OS: Recent versions of Mac OS already have PHP7.2+ installed
- Windows: PHP needs to be installed, see section B
Check php availability on your computer as follows
# On terminal issue the following command php -v
B. Installing PHP 7.2.x+
If PHP version 7.2.x+ is not available on your system, visit how to install php.
C. Download foldershare php client
foldershare supports REST web services for command-line access. You can use this to upload, download, and change files and folders from a terminal window or script on a Mac, Windows, or Linux desktop, laptop, or supercomputer.
- You must have PHP 7.2.x+ on your computer, see section A & B above
- Download and unzip the foldershare php client (requires PHP 7.2.x+)
#fetch foldershare php client from project website curl -OL https://seedmelab.org/sites/default/files/downloads/foldershare_php_client.1.1.0.tar.gz tar xzf foldershare_php_client.1.1.0.tar.gz cd foldershare_php_client.1.1.0
- Type "./foldershare --help" in a terminal window to get help. You must have php in your path or type
/full/path/to/php ./foldershare --help
- Now follow the Command Set section described on Usage from Comet page.