Data is organized in a familiar tree hierarchy of consisting of folders and files.
A. Favorites list
Three Favorites list are available for users
- Home (User name) lists the data owned by you, this list is only available to logged in user.
- Shared lists the data that is shared with you, this list is only available to logged in user.
- Public lists data that is accessible to anyone who can visit the site.
Visit the Data page, then from Ancestor menu , select "Favorites", then choose "Public files".
B. Manage data
All commands found under the File menu are also available via mouse's Right click context menu.
- Create folders
From File menu , choose "New folder".
- Upload files
- From File menu , choose "Upload" command.
- Browse and select one or more files to upload.
- Upload may also be performed via drag & drop into the empty table region.
- Maximum upload size for a single file is currently set to 2GB.
- Select one or more files or folders
- Select a single file/folder by clicking on corresponding row in the empty region.
- Select multiple items by first pressing shift/ctrl/command/windows key, then clicking on corresponding row of multiple files or folders.
- Edit description or meta data to any file or folder
- Select a file/folder then from File menu , choose "Edit Description" command.
- Enter text or equations in LaTex or MathML format as desired.
- Save the "Edit Description" form.
Select one or more multiple files or folders, then from File menu , choose "Download" command.
Select files/folders, then from File menu , choose corresponding command.
Enter a file extension (e.g. png) or a keyword (e.g. equations) in the search region. Search will match keywords from description and file contents, in addition to file/folder names.
C. Navigate data and lists
- Ancestor menu provides an interface to traverse the path hierarchy and Favorites list (Home (Name), Shared, Public files).
- Breadcrumbs below main menu also allow traversing the path hierarchy.